Posting original videos on your website is one of the best ways to engage with your visitors and improve your brand. While it’s always helpful to write great copy, videos are often more compelling to today’s visually oriented internet users. Let’s look at some of the leading benefits of using original videos on your website.
Videos are more engaging than text
The internet is getting more visual all the time. There’s plenty of evidence that people tend to find videos more interesting than text. While there are technical psychological reasons for this, it’s also common sense. Videos engage multiple senses and provide viewers with a more direct experience than reading. This isn’t to say that the written word has no value. The best approach is to use a variety of approaches. However, adding video to your website is a powerful way to engage your website visitors.
Educate Your Audience
Videos are an extremely effective way to convey information in a short time. There are many ways to take advantage of this. If you’re selling a product, you can explain it in writing. With a video, however, you can actually demonstrate it. Even if it’s a digital service, you can show people how it works with screen shots. This is not only useful for selling but also for teaching customers how to use what they’ve bought.
Differentiate Yourself From the Competition
Using videos on your website is a good way to outshine your competitors. There’s a good chance most businesses in your niche aren’t using videos at all. Many businesses that do use video don’t really make the most of it, relying on low-quality videos that don’t make the best impression. By putting some effort into your videos, you can show your visitors that you’re truly dedicated to communicating in the most effective manner.
Express Your Personality
More than any other type of content, videos let you entertain your audience and express your unique brand and personality. In videos, you can feature yourself, different members of your team, your business location, products, and more. You don’t have to perform for your viewers with jokes, singing, and dancing (unless that’s your style). Even if you’re sharing technical information or teaching customers how to use your product, you can do it in your own style. No matter what type of business you have, video lets you manage your brand. This is even true for videos in which you don’t appear yourself, such as animation or whiteboard videos.
The SEO benefits of videos is another important point to consider. To rank better on Google, you need content. Videos are one of the easiest types of content to rank for on the search engines. If you use keyword-rich titles and tags in your videos, you have a better chance of ranking your website. This helps you get more targeted traffic to your site.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Videos
If you want to get the maximum benefits from your videos, keep these guidelines in mind.
- Regardless of the type of video it is (e.g. webcam, Powerpoint, animated), make sure to place your distinct brand on it. Use your logo, website URL and any distinctive imagery associated with your business.
- Keep videos reasonably short unless there’s a need for a longer one (such as a tutorial covering a complex topic). Most viewers prefer videos under 5 minutes long.
- You don’t necessarily need a studio quality video that costs thousands of dollars to make in order to make a strong impression. What counts is that you take the time to make the best video possible within your abilities and budget.
- With each video, set a specific goal so you don’t end up rambling or confusing people with irrelevant topics.
- Share videos on YouTube, Facebook and other sites in addition to publishing them on your own website.
To learn more about how to improve your marketing strategies and grow your business, give us a call at 661-702-1310 or visit www.SmallDogCreative.com!