Groucho Marx once said, “I never forget a face, but in your case I’ll be glad to make an exception.” Your company’s website is its face, it is the first thing a customer sees before actually visiting or contacting you and it is the last impression you want to leave them with at the end of the transaction. If you do not WOW them at that first moment and satisfy them at that last opportunity, you can believe they will side with Groucho, forget you and move on to your competitor.
At Small Dog Creative we believe that your website is what makes your business, and “up to 89% of your customers are researching their purchases online before they buy.” The bread and butter of the World Wide Web is the website, a collection of related pages filled with content, data, media, and e-commerce choices all under one domain name. WordPress CMS powers a vast majority of these websites including some high-profile users such as Sony and Coca Cola. According to Opensource CMS WordPress CMS powers over 60+ million websites. One of the reasons for this vast market share is WordPress’ easily customizable features from the administrative dashboard to the user interface. If you need some more convincing to use WordPress and put a new face on your business, below are five reasons to consider.
- Options. Regardless of your level of involvement, company’s goals or dollars to allocate, no other platform gives you the options to install, host, design and modify an equally friendly SEO website than WordPress CMS.
- Search Optimization. This is straight from Google, “WordPress handles 80-90% of the mechanics of SEO.” As long as great content is consistently being added and the website stays user-friendly, WordPress ranks at the top of SEO friendly website platforms.
- Customization. WordPress CMS has numerous themes, plugins, widgets and functions ready for use in your website. Your business’ “face” will be unique and memorable.
- Maintenance. Adding content to a WordPress CMS website is as easy as writing in a text editor. One of the most common complaints of people who procrastinate in updating their website is “it’s too difficult.” That is not the case with WordPress. You or your employees will be able to update and refresh pages, add new products, and instantly change things on your website.
- User Support. There is a large community of WordPress users, remember 60+ million websites, and it boasts a detailed and helpful forum that contains the solution to any of your questions.
Don’t let a poorly designed website slow down your business. Contact us at Small Dog Creative, we will design a memorable face for your business.