Social media marketing is becoming so popular, with businesses both big and small. However, it needs to be done right or you are just wasting your time. To really make a difference, you have to focus on building relationships, instead of making sales. Build the right relationships, and the sales will follow.
Here are some Facebook marketing tips and ideas for small business owners.
• Start by making a dedicated business page on Facebook. Not only is this free, it allows you to share things about your business, without bothering all of your friends. If they are not interested, they don’t have to sign up. As time goes by, you will even notice that people, who you aren’t friends with on Facebook, may like your business page to stay up to date on your business.
• Make sure that your business page is complete. You can put a lot of information on your business page. Make sure that you fill it out completely so that when new people stumble upon it (however they find you), they are interested in liking your page!
• Start by inviting your friends to like your page. You have to start somewhere when it comes to building up your reach. What better way to get fifty likes (or more) than inviting those who care about you?
• Tell all of your customers about your Facebook business page. If people don’t know that you have a Facebook page, they won’t be able to find it. By telling your customers about it, you will help to grow your audience.
• Join groups of like-minded individuals to eventually like your page. You can’t join these groups simply to get likes. Instead, you have to learn about these people and build relationships with them. Once you get to know them, they might like your page without needing to be asked.
• Don’t forget about Facebook Ads. Facebook ads are a great way to get your business noticed. They are affordable since you will only have to pay for clicks and you can set a budget you are comfortable with. Since you can really target your audience, you won’t have to worry about wasting your hard-earned money. Only people who might be interested in your business will be shown the ads!
• Run a contest. People love contests and they flock to pages who are running them. Have a contest for those who like your page and you will see a real jump in your numbers!
• Try for viral posts. Viral posts are amazing because so many people see them. Even if you can only get one viral post, it can really help you grow your business. For this reason, you should think carefully about every post. Try to find videos and photographs that will entertain your audience to the point where they think that they just have to share them!
• Hire help if you need it. Social media marketing is only effective when done right. If you don’t really know what you are doing, you could be really wasting your time and money. For a few hours a week, a social media manager can really make your efforts worth the extra cost! Not only will these efforts pay off in the long run, it will give you a really clear picture of how your money is working for you.
Facebook can be a great way to increase your reach and grow your business. However, you need to have a business page to separate your life from your business. You need to make sure that it is complete and then you have to tell everyone about it!
If marketing and advertising doesn’t make sense to you, hire help. A well-planned marketing campaign is much more effective than just winging it!
To learn more about how to improve your marketing strategies, give us a call or send us a note today at Small Dog Creative 661-702-1310!