- Have you updated your website in the last 3 months?
- Do you know how many people are visiting your site and where they are coming from?
- Is your website free of "Under Construction" pages?
- Has your website been re-designed or overhauled in the last 3-4 years?
Do you Know Who is Visiting Your Website?
Is Your Website Up to Date?
Still Under Construction?
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
- Updates: How frequently your site is updated
- Age: How long has your website has been up for
- Keywords: By searching the content on your website, search engines determine what search terms your site should come up under.
- Meta-Tags: Before search engines were sophisticated they counted on the webmaster to tell them what the website was about. Today however meta-tags are typically overlooked by search engines.
- Links: How many incoming and outgoing links you have. (incoming are more important)
- Priority: The homepage is always the most important, so keep it up to date!
- Hidden content on your site to add keywords. If the search engines detect you are doing this you will be removed from their rankings... and it’s not easy to get back on.
- Content in images or Flash files. Text placed in images is not read by search engines, and as of now neither is Flash content.
- Hidden links to secondary pages. Don’t hide your content by not linking it correctly. You should have true html links on your homepage leading to the secondary pages on the website, this helps search engines find all of your pages.
Is Your Website Design Outdated?
If you have monthly events a great way of publishing them on your website is by using a Google Calendar. The installation is simple, and you can update it from your Google account or sync it to your desktop calendar.
If you don’t have a chance to update your website frequently consider adding a News Feed. It’s a great way to increase traffic to your website and stay up-to-date on the latest industry news. There are a number of free and paid options available; many of the free options will include a small ad or link to their website. Shop around and choose the News Feed that is right for you.